Thursday, June 2

Week 3 at Paper Secrets SYAO Challenges + 2 other challenges

Wow, it is already week 3 of the Scrap You A** Off event going on over at Paper Secrets.  The idea is to keep completing challenges until only one scrapper is left standing.  The event started on May 13th and is still running strong.  Each week we are given a sketch to follow along with a list of items/supplies that we are required to use.  I have thoroughly enjoyed each week and was a bit overwhelmed this week with Life in general.  I was down to the wire but I managed to accomplish the task.  My LO is completed.

At the beginning of the event there were 58 individuals signed up to participate.  By the deadline for Week 1, only 30 of those individuals had completed the challenge.  For week 2, the number dropped down to 23.  As it stands right now, with only 11 1/2 hours left to meet the deadline, only 13 LO's have been submitted.  I am a bit sad :( that it is going that quickly, but with the prize up for grabs ($75.00 worth of scrapping goodies), I am sure the last few will remain strong and hang in there until it is neck to neck.

The sketch we were given for this week (as well as last week) were both unique sketches by Rochelle Spears.  Her sketches are great and you should seriously consider joining the fun at Paper Secrets.  They have awesome monthly challenges, online crop events, tips, chit-chat, and so much more. 

So here is the sketch we were asked to follow for week 3:
And here is my completed LO.  There were no personal pictures added to this one, because I plan to give it to a friend who is getting married next week.  I know she is interested in getting an album made, and I just wanted to show her some of the possibilities she could work with.  I also know it will be greatly appreciated, and to me, that's what creating is all about---making others smile!  :O)  To learn how to make the paper flowers, please visit this awesome tutorial by Dr. Sonia S V at Cards, Crafts, and Kids Projects.
I will also be entering this page into
FCCB Challenge Me Mondays #62 - Remember This
and
Sentimental Sundays #57 - Anything but a card (with a sentiment)


Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

9 comments:

  1. Wow....you've most certainly been scrappin' your a...off! Go you! This is a great gift--I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and good luck sticking it through to the end.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!!
    Thaks for join with sentimentalsundays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful LO. Very pretty.
    Wanted to stop by and say hi. Thanks for stopping by the bug hop and thanks for following. I'v been a follower of you blog for awhile. You are very talented.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your layout is just gorgeous, I love it. I'm sure your friend is going to be thrilled to get it!
    Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB this week!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  6. This such a beautiful wedding gift. Thank you for playing along with Sentimental Sunday. And, I wish you the best luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely layout. I sure do like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous LO, very striking :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Layout!! I have that paper and you LO is great inspiration!!
    Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors