Wednesday, June 29

Indulge in the Cheerful Journey

I am back to crafting and creating.  I was a bit out of sorts the last few days.  Just trying to reorganize my craft room/laundry room/office (LOL).  All is well now and my supplies have become magically more convenient to use.  I completed a LO today for several challenges and combined them for wonderful inspiration.  I am very, very pleased with this one because I was able to have free reign on a lot of the elements.  I followed a sketch for Paper Secrets June Sketch Challenge;  The same sketch was being used at Paper Patch Crafts for the Summer Fun LO challenge; I followed BoBunny's LO challenge to use an advertisement to inspire our creativity and used several BoBunny papers (back to backs "U Bug Me! Arrows & Stars; Star Struck Dashed; Pep Rally Stripe) which were all part of the giveaway prize I won at Doris's blog a while back;  The colors were chosen from the magazine ad with a focus on showing off some RED for the Seeing Red challenge at Craft Your Passion; I was able to create my own backing paper using a cloud cut from the Serenade Cartridge and using the masking technique with my blue Studio G ink.  I then swiped a small brush stroke of Studio G gray and one of white around each cloud on my background.  The rolling hills and grass at the bottom of the page were created by gently using curve strokes with my distressing tool and my green Studio G ink.  By creating my own backing, I completed another challenge...YIPPEEE!!!  This will be my 3rd entry for this challenge at Creative Craft Challenge (I guess I must have found a favorite technique . . . LOL).  I used a tag for the Sentiment (Cheerful) by MME. The balloon was cut from my Graphically Speaking cartridge (originally a circle globe that I transformed into a balloon with a bit of hand cutting and coloring and embroidery thread).  I am entering this LO at Getting Scrappy-challenge-11 Getting Punchy.   The circular flower sentiment (Journey) behind the tag and paper flower is from a stash of goodies I received from Angela Davis at Creative Creations for winning her blog candy giveaway!  The photo matte rectangle was cut at 3" X 4" and the 2 rectangles behind the photo matte were cut as close as possible to follow the sketch.  This technique allowed me to enter my LO into the 1-2-3 Recipe Challenge at C.R.A.F.T..  I colored some blades of grass with my Whispers Strokes Dual tip Markers on the grass, hand drew some rough lines around the green rectangle in the center, and added journaling lines.  The same penned lines were written on the smaller green rectangle in the upper corner, too.  For this, I will be entering my LO in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Penned challenge.






Now for the pics.....

Here's the sketch I used (by Page Maps)


Here is the magazine advertisement I used from an issue of Marie Claire (sorry if it is a bit risque, it's a bra ad...LOL)

Here is my LO

 Here are the LO and the advertisement side by side

As always, thank you so much for stopping by to view my creation!  I look forward to your comments and getting to see your latest and greatest creations!!!!  Until then, Ta Ta!


20 comments:

  1. great layout - you did an awesome job.

    I have some great news....you won the Perserves Cricut cartridge!!
    Thank you so much for entering both my challenge and my sisters challenge.

    Please contact me with your mailing address and I will get the cartridge right out to you!!

    Linda
    www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com
    therrien_linda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & Creative Craft Challenge this week.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic layout! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Fab job combining challenges! I can really see how you were influenced and inspired by the ad you selected too. Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jessica, this layout is so FABULOUS!! Oh my gosh, so many amazing things to look at I don't know what to comment on - they are all so perfect together! What a great take on the advertisement!! You rocked this!! LOVE IT :D

    Lisa

    PS - I just saw the first comment...congrats on winning the preserves Cricut cart!! Woo-hoo :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have managed to capture a cityscape on the layout!
    Jessica is your mailling address on the envelope you sent me correct? we want to send you a thank you, so please mail me your address if its different and do I need to write your mobile number. Here in India the courier services need a mobile number
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout! love the colors!! very bright.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Kathy
    GCDTM
    http://scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout, I love the background. Thanks for taking part in our challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jessica for visiting me I really appreciate your comment!!!! Love your blog and I am now following you too!!!! Love this layout you did a fantastic job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous LO! I can't get over how much detail you put in to this! Fantastic job!!
    Thanks for linking up with Getting Cricky!

    JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great layout. Love all the colors. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Jessica!! This is a GREAT layout and you put so much into it!! I love your background and how you used the hot air balloon!! GREAT job!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica,

    This is absolutely BRILLIANT! I love how you did this--just great!
    I think this could be a great thing to share as a featured blogger! Let me know!
    Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica, Your LO ROCKS! You did a great job drawing inspiration from the magazine ad! Thanks for joining us this Sunday at Getting Cricky!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky - Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous whimsical layout! I love it so much. Perfect ad to choose. I have been thinking about entering that advert challenge myself. You have just motivated me! Love it. Chloe - Getting Cricky Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful layout.Love how all the elements work so beautifully together.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. All those vibrant colors are awesome. Love the details also.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your layout is FABULOUS!!! I just love all the bright colors you used and your balloon is stunning... Thanks so much for joining my Getting Scrappy Challenge and I hope you will join in again this week...

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors