Thursday, June 16

Precious Baby Girl: 1st encounter with a Reborn Baby Doll

This weekend at my nephew's graduation party, my sister brought her newest Reborn Doll (she has so many) to show off.  My daughter (the baby in the pic) saw this doll, and I actually think she thought she was real. Her eyes lit up, she leaned in to hug her, and she softly grabbed for her to hold onto her.  I of course was able to snap a picture.  So, that picture alone is the focus of my newest layout......



Challenges to be entered:
Anything Goes Challenge: #43 Summer
Whimsical Wednesdays: #11 Fun with Color
The Paper Variety: #38 - Mixed Alphas
Flutter by Wednesdays: #159 pink/orange/green +
Simon Says: Let's Play BINGO (Lace, Shape, Flowers - diagonal from left bottom to upper right)
More Than Favors: #41 Let's Emboss
My Creative Time: #196 use Cricut Lite or Old Cart (used Graphically Speaking and Cricut Classic Font)
Desert Island Crafters: #10 Itinerary (used Lace, corsage pin, 3+ papers, found scraps from mesh ribbon for photo corners, handmade embellishment, stickers)
Paper Secrets: Scrap Your A** Off Challenge #5
Stamp Something: Something Punched
Bearly Mine: #12 Anything Goes

I had SO MUCH FUN with this LO.  I used Bo Bunny Back to Backs pages (Ella Strip and Alissa Dorable) along with some pattern paper and card stock from my stash.  I followed the sketch for PS Challenge #5 that was created by Rochelle Spears (such a fun sketch).  The color choices came from two separate challenges that I absolutely loved mixing together.  I don't think I ever used so many colors on one layout before.  The stamped flowers are from a kids stamp I got out of a dollar bin at Target....but I love how it looks with the rest of the flowers.  I added some stickles to a few of my chipboard flowers.  The corsage pin is a handmade pin I created using hand blown glass beads and other bling.  The embossing folders I used for a few of the background rectangles are by Darice.  I chose to use my Cricut cart Graphically Speaking to cut out the word PRECIOUS at 3", chipboard sticker alphas and flower sticker alphas.  The lace ribbon in the upper corner is lace hearts (clearance item purchased at Pat Catans) and the yellow is from my stash.  The side bracket was cut using my Cricut cart Classic Font at 8".  I used FolkArt Acrylic Paint (HD) with a drink straw (effect used to create patter was dabbing the end of the straw on the paper and then lightly blowing air to fan it out).  The colors I used were:  4513 Yellow Ochre, 4502 Baby Pinl, and 4506 Engine Red.  The photo corners were left overs I found from handmade ribbons/bows I had made for a friend's wedding last weekend.  These were corner cuts from Mesh Iridescent Ribbon.  Added a few brads, chipboard arrow, butterfly, and, and the LO was complete.

Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

24 comments:

  1. Jessica, hey thanks for stopping my blog and becoming a follower. I'm a new follower of yours. Your blog is great, and cool giveaways. Can't wait to see more of your stuff. Good luck with your challenge. nenerscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win too. Your LO is adorable and she is precious. Kids at that age are just soo sweet. Kinda makes me miss mine being little. :( Thank you so much for making a blinkie for me. I really appreciate it. I'm not very tech savvy, lol.
    You can e-mail me if you want it is rlj547(at)comcast(dot)net
    Thanks again.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica!

    What an adorable layout!

    Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Jessica (great name too - my daughter is a Jessica!).

    Thanks for joining in with my itinerary over at Desert Island Crafts.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is fantastic! Love the dimension with the flowers, the butterfly & the arrow. That little strip of lace with the brads & the great title...everything works so well together.
    Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love the butterflies and colors. The pic is super cute too! Thanks for playing at WHimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a fabulous moment to capture! Your little on is adorable! Your layout looks amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays. Hugs, CAthryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very precious LO. You titled it perfect. Such pretty colors. You did a great job using the photo as your inspiration. Your daughter is so adorable. My mom collects dolls and has many of those reborn ones. They really do look so real, that they creep me out sometimes. I feel like they are staring at me!!!! LOL. Thanks for such a great post and super fun LO. so glad you could join us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is such a GREAT layout!Super job with all the AMAZING details and the beautiful colors!Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, what a precious photo! The layout is just beautiful. The colors are perfect and the design is great. I love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Layout:)

    Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
    Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
    http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful LO! I love the colors and the layers. also the picture of your daughter with the doll really is precious!! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Jessica - this is so incredibly gorgeous! I just love everything about it, especially that precious picture! Your daughter is so adorable! Great job with the layout and the colors!! Awesome :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at BMC......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The big bracket is great!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful LO! Love the use of color and all the details!
    Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great layout to capture such a sweet moment! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning make - i just love seeing scrap book pages


    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful layout, I adore the big bracket. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an adorable layout...super cute. I am now a follower. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful scrapbook page! Thanks for sharing with us at Flutter By Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, lovely layout, I love all the lovely summery details you have used. Your daughter is very cute! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes, K x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your layout is stunning and your daughter is so precious with that little doll! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at DICC, we hope to see you back again with us!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors