Sunday, June 19

ORANGE you thankful?!?

Over the last few days, I have looked at so many wonderfully inspiring creativity from all of my Blog Friends....whom, from this point forward, I have dubbed my Blends (get it?  Blog + Friends = Blends).  So, I am a dork....I know.  But that's just me.  Plus it is now 12:43 a.m. and I get that way around this time...LOL  :O)

Well, over the course of that time, I have been blessed with tons of inspiration.  Whether it be a challenge blog I visited to see all of the wonderful Design Team creations, Blends' sites that I have stopped by briefly to view their latest projects, or Hopping Cricky Style.....all of that inspiration mojo is keeping my mind in overdrive.

For my latest card, I knew I had to try the challenge over at Creative Sisters Challenge Blog.  See, Linda of Linda's Creativity and Patti of Patti-Lynn Creations alternate who is in charge of the challenge biweekly.  This time it was Patti's turn and keep your eyes peeled, because Linda is on deck!  The challenge was to make a project using all shades of ONE color.  Yeah, that's what I thought, "ONE color?  Oy Vey!!!"  So, I needed a sketch to work with.  My final choice was down to 2 sketches, but I chose to use a cute sketch that is being used for the June Card Sketch challenge at Paper Secrets.  The sketch is originally a sketch from PageMaps.  This would allow me to participate in the Color Block challenge at CAS-ual Fridays, too.  I knew I wanted to choose a color that no one who has participated in Patti's challenge thus far had submitted.  So far, there was green, purple, pink, white/gray/black, and all white .  So I chose to go off the deep end with Orange.  Not a color I use often, so why not try something new?   It is quite pretty (I think) and I plan to enter it into the Stamp Something: Pretty Paper challenge.  Just to show others, that what we may not think of as "pretty" along the lines of paper choices, may just be the Ugly Duckling, waiting to transform into the Beautiful Swan.  The center of the card was inspired by the challenge going on over at Emerald Faerie Garden: Petals.  Hence, the background flower cut with Cricut cart Serenade @ 3 " then embossed using a flower folder, and a topped off with a paper flower to finish.  I chose to make it a simple "Thanks" card. 

To keep this post short, I will briefly describe the materials I used after the photo.  If you need to know how the creation came to be complete, feel free to ask.

Several pattern papers from stash, orange card stock, orange C'oredinations, Darice embossing folder, flower and bling from stash, Rubber stamp ($1 bin), Studio G ink.  



Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

4 comments:

  1. it's a great lay out and I love the orange so sunny and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such bright and cheery colors here! I love that flower! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jessica! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright, fresh, and lots of fun!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors