Tuesday, June 7

the perfect pear


Well, another card finished and wow, did I enjoy making this one.

Where did my inspiration came from?  Well, I followed the sketch over at Graphicat Sketch Challenge Blog; used a Faux Linen technique I learned about over at Come and Get It; and chose my stamp according to the fun and Summer"y" challenge they are having had at The Paper Variety only until 12:00 noon today!  All of the Design Team's creations are absolutely amazing and wonderfully inspiring.  If you missed  the Paper Variety challenge (like me, just missed it by 1/2 hour...LOL), there will be another one to join in on!!!

My card will be entered at:
Graphicat Sketch Challenge - June Sketch
Paper Playtime #47
Craft Your Passion #61 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps #18 - Anniversary/Wedding
Bearly Mine Crafts - Anything Goes

I tried my first ever long card (measures 11" X 4 1/4).  I used my new inque stamps on core'dinations pearl card stock.  I then did the faux linen technique mentioned up top (really fun....great finished look).  I stamped lightly, several of the main image on the background card stock.  I matted the strips and embossed them using my Big Shot using a swirl pattern.  I matted the back square and embossed using a flower pattern.  I inked and distressed the edges and added my bling and flower.

I hope you enjoy my creation today.  Now, on to the next one!


Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! I love the pear green theme to this! And great job on the long card too! im so glad you were inspired by our June Sketch at Graphicat Sketch's!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the colour & the different size is fab!

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choice!! Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for "Anything Goes".

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your first long card! This is beautiful! I love all the greens together!
    TFS!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine .................
    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creation! Lovely colors. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great, love the pears too. Great take on the sketch and soooooooo glad to see your creation inspired by Cheri's sketch. I am very glad you joined us at Graphicat Sketches Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love all the green and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color and the embossing on this...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love the LONG twist on the sketch you've done here (my that is very long!) and the pear theme is very pretty :) Thakns for playing along with our Graphicat challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green color combo!!I just love the textures on the layers.Thanks for joining us at Graphicat sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors