Monday, June 6

King of the Castle

So, this project started with only one idea and the outcome has me even looking back and forth at the finished card....LOL.  "Did I do that?"   No, seriously, DID I DO THAT?  OK, so now I am done being in awe and I don't want to sound like I am boasting.

I knew when I started that I was going to try more masculine creations.  I find them a bit more difficult than girlie LOs and cards because there are only so many boyish elements you can use, right?  So, I browsed through my digi collection, and once again, my go to images were by  Sliekje Stamps.  This one was so darling (they all are really), so I started to color him in.  The color selections kind of came out of nowhere.  But once I finished, I was able to coordinate the paper, trim, and card stock with the greatest of ease.  This card will fit in to quite a few challenges (yes, I had that in mind, too, before I started).  When I feel stuck on where to start, I always go to my trusty challenge blog lists.

Here is the finished card, King of the Castle:
RECIPE
core'dinations Cardmaker Series:  Pearls (Tan Pearl)
Bo Bunny Play All Day Diamonds (from Shabby Princess collection - Thanks Doris)
K&Company Embossed Paper: Chocolate
Castle: Gray card stock with white overlay: Gingerbread Cartridge, all layers cut at 2"
Sentiment made using clip art and white cardstock
Brown ink
Ruby colored bling
Brown Fiber (Thanks Luisa) affixed with Brown Brads
Challenge Entries:
Craft Your Passion #61 
Cooking with Cricut #32
Bows & Berries #7
Creative Craft Challenges
Crazy about Cricut: Thankful Thursday
GAB Challenges: #18
Paper This and That - June 2001
and
You Had Me at Craft - MIMM


 
Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

22 comments:

  1. Your king is adorable. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your card! I really love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing along in the Thankful Thursday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following Jessice, you're up late too I see lol! I love Sliekje Stamps, I got in on a TON of the freebies but havn't inked up one single image yet :(
    You've inspired me and I'm doing one before my sale at the end of June! Thanks (I'm following you too, your blog is friendly and very easy on the eye! I'm #99 :)
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica- I just wanted you to know I gave you a hat tip over at my blog:

    http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/2011/06/why-kawaii-and-stamps-by-sliekje.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought I would say a King is sweet but yours is indeed super super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time creating masculine projects too! This is such an inspiration to me :) Also... I'm your 100th follower! Yea :) Congrats & TFS

    Tiffany
    http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and masculine themes are soooo hard to do! love the materials Bo Bunny makes it easy on us gals don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boast all you want because this is fabulous! I love that adorable (and I mean that in the most masculine way possible for this little guy) image! All the elements of the card are astonishing together! Great job! I do the same thing with challenges when I am in a rut! It is always inspiring to see what you can put together and seeing all the DT inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at Thankful Thurs and I hope you'll be joining us again!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You did an awesome job with colors! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut!

    - Roberta, CWC Design Team
    Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Great job, Jessica! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card, thanks for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. TOO CUTE! Yes, they DO think they are king, don't they? LOL Thank you for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenges!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! Yes each and every Father thinks that they are King of the Castle....though they still haven't figured it out that we rule the Roost! LOL

    Thanks for joining us this week at Come and get It Challenges!

    Shell~Alaska♥
    CGI~DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your card! Very creative... I am a new Follower, if you would like come visit my blog!

    http://scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi.blogspot.com/2011/06/scrapbooking-fathers-day-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card. Thanks for joining the GAB challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so very cute. I love it. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card! The image is so sweet and you've done such a super job with it. That fibre is a fantastic touch, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! Lots of fun elements on this card! Thanks for sharing your talent with us on FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! I am so glad you joined in the fun with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the digi stamp you used, I believe I have that one as well :) Thanks for joining us at Paper This and That!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors