Saturday, October 1

World CARD Making DAY - - -HOORAY JOY Boris

Although I got a late start to this wonderful celebration, what a day.  I finally, after months of anticipating a chance to go, I visited our Local Scrapbooking/Stamping Store.  WHAT FUN!!  Looks like I have a need to visit more often now that I saw how wonderful it was inside.   The workers there were totally fabulous and were talking with some of the other customers about a Tag Swap later this month....woo hoo!

So, despite my many efforts to dedicate the entire day to Card Making, I just finished my first card (it took all day with all of the interruptions>>>pleasant as they were).  I hopped around BlogLand to see the "goings-on" and decided to join in with the hourly challenges at Inking It Up with Kassidy.   I had wanted to start the challenges in order, so I chose my Holiday Papers first.  But, then I couldn't resist using my brand new stamp that I just received in the mail this last week.    The stamp is Boris from Russia, from Your Next Stamp.    I didn't get to  use the Matryoshka Doll or Bird, but I have ideas for the next time I use this set.

OMG these stamps are fantastic.   
I mean, truly fantastic.  The ease of use and the crisp, clean lines on my paper made it super easy to paper piece Boris together  like I wanted to.  The faces are just so darling and I can't wait to keep inking my stamps up and using them on projects.

So, after piecing him together, I used the same 3 designer papers (all from my Holiday Harverst paperpad by Cloud 9 Designs) for the rest of my card.  I used the sketch over at YNS for Challenge #52 going on right now.  You have until October 11th to get in on the action with this challenge and you might just win a set of YNS stamps for yourself!!!  I am sure you will love them the first time you try them.  I used a black card stock as my base, added some Studio G glitter to Boris' hat, crinkled some cream colored satin ribbon at the bottom, stamped JOY (by TPS Studio) across the white paper behind Boris , and finished it off with a handmade rosette flower and button.

 Entering Challenges:
Your Next Stamp - #52 Sketch
Inking It Up - #4 Stamped Images Card (WCMD Challenge) 
My Pink Stamper - Christmas Card (WCMD Challenge)
Bows and Berries - #10 Glitter
Bearly Mine - #20 3 Design/Backing Papers

Whimsical Wednesdays - AG
Simon Says - AG
Scrapalicious USA - AG

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my your card is so ADORABLE!I LOVE the sweet image,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really nice, I really like that traditional color scheme!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card! I love that you used Boris for a holiday card!!! What FUN! So glad you are enjoying your YNS stamps :o)) Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and such a cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine this time and good luck. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally CUTE!! Love the rosette. TFS
    hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun festive card! Thanks so much for playing with Bows and Berries!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun holiday card! Thanks for joining the YNS sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Love your cration. So pretty and lovely made with all the great details and embellishments. Thank your for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing along with us at YNS :)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors