Friday, October 14

Family Ties are Bound By Love

So, today I was able to work at my craft table once again. I was on a short break for a couple of days.  I had to spend some well deserved Mommy Time with the kids and hubby.  Now, the kids are spending the day at home (NEOEA Day) and are all playing quietly (shocker) which gives me some time to create away.

Now, I know in my last post I set a goal to only enter one challenge for each creation, but I am bending the rules a little today.  Why?  Because I came across an awesome technique tutorial at Cindy's blog that uses embossing folders that I just couldn't wait to try.  She is also having a link up at her blog to win a prize if you use this technique on a creation.  Secondly, Amy at Love To Crop is having a challenge to use Embossing .  Finally, over at  Allsorts Challenge Blog, the challenge ending tonight is Bear With Us (use a bear).

So, I couldn't help myself.  My creative mind was working in overdrive!  I have a Darice embossing folder that has the most adorable little Teddy Bear on it.  So, all three challenges put together gave me this idea and I feel that it is only fair to give them all credit for inspiring me to create a card.  My sister saw a card I made a while back using this same embossing folder and fell in love with it.  She had asked me to make her a card just like it, but I decided to change it up a little and give it a more personal touch.  It is going to be a thank you card for her.  She helped my oldest daughter pay to play on the Powder Puff Football Team 'just because'.  I figured the least I could do is offer her a handmade card to say Thank You and to let her know we love her dearly.    The technique is fun, but I will have to practice more to get the desired effect.

RECIPE
Card Stock is a desert sand color with a slight texture
Image embossed using Darice folder and Teddy Bear ink by Darice
Sentiment is by Raindrop Echo Designs
Fibers were a fun find at the local Goodwill last week (rock on!)
Rhinestones (fall colors)

Happy Crafting and Until Next Time
:O)
Jessica

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation, Jessica! I think the cute cuddly bear you paired the sentiment up with is just perfect. I very much appreciate the kind note that you left on my blog - you're so sweet! I'm happy to have provided you with sentiments that you can use :) Hope you have a fantastic day and keep creating!!

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww the teddy bear is Adorable!!
    Love the card.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love the embossed bear and the sentiment is perfect!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so absolutely adorable, Jessica!! I love that sweet bear and your design is fabulous! Fabulous card!! And thank you for linking up with the Love to Crop Embossable You Challenge!

    Lisa
    Love to Crop Guest Designer
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,
    Way to go with the technique. email me your address so I can send you a prize for trying my technique. My email addy is a button on the side bar near the top. If you have any trouble with it leave me a comment somewhere and I'll get back to you. Well done.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sent your prize out Monday afternoon. Let me know when you get it. Thanks Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors