Tuesday, October 11

Color Challenge at The Outlawz

Wow, I just made a card and it only took a few minutes (5 to be exact...LOL).  That NEVER happens.  I was eager to participate in this week's Color Challenge at The Outlawz.  The theme was Crushed Orange, Dark as Night Black, and Pine Green.  Oh, and yeah, there is always a twist.  We had to add a leaf.
The papers I used, were staring at me, so I didn't need to do any work picking them out really.  The ink was close by, and I have had this leaf for a long, long, time.  It was just waiting to be used up, but never had met the card it was intended to meet.  That is, until just now.  I also contemplated the idea of using more embellishments, but chose to stop where I did.

For this card, I am entering one challenge and ONLY one challenge.  I have been meaning to try this new concept of one to one.  I really do just love combining sketches and color themes with fancy folds and challenges that use specific elements.  It helps to get the creative juices boiling.  However, this time I am stepping out of the box of normality to see just how creative my mind could be, on it's own per say.     Let's see how long I might be able to keep this up....who's with me????

So without further ado, here is my card:
I used fairly basic supplies:
Base: card stock is from K&Company - Pumpkin Pie
cut at 6x6
Mat: card stock is a textured black
cut at 5x5
DP: Turkey Print from Paper Pizazz - Holidays and Seasons (I have had this one for YEARS)
cut at 4x4
Leaf: from stash
Sentiment:  from Sentimental Sundays, Designed by Raindrop Echo Designs
Ink: Studio G (Green) and Darice-Ink it Up (Teddy Bear)
Happy Crafting
and
Until Next Time
:O)
Jessica

2 comments:

  1. that's a great 4 min. card, LOL wtg, it turned out great, sometimes the easiest cards are real winners
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! And so speedy! :o) That particular leaf is beautiful with this design. I love the papers... your whole card embodies so much of the beauty of Thanksgiving. Such a lovely card! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors