Sunday, October 2

We Are The Best of Friends

So, I was able to finish a second card and it is just a little after midnight, October 2nd.  This time around, my technique was a bit simpler and I followed a sketch, a color, and a themed challenge to get me going in the right direction.

I started with a white card stock base and brush inked the entire background with my new burgundy Darice stamping pad.  I inked the edges dark and around the oval as well.  I added a satin ribbon and a cotton chain link ribbon.  I then used pop dots behind a scallop cut from leather brown textured card stock using my Cricut Cartridge, Lacy Labels (You and Me) at 4".   I cut parchment card stock using my  oval pattern Creative Memories tool.  The image in the center of the oval is from the  Inkadinkado Utopiary collection of clear stamps.  The sentiment is a vellum tag I received in a box of Blog Candy I had won a while back.

Theme challenge that I followed:   Inking It Up Crazy - Friendship Card (WCMD #7)
Sketch challenge that I followed:  Deconstructing Jen - Sketch #21
Color challenge that I followed:  Play Date Cafe - #101 Wine, Smudge, Leather, & Parchment

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a fantastic card!!!! the design is beautiful!!!!! Great job on this one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Great stamp!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, especially the image and the way you've done your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that sheen! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors