Monday, October 3

Trick or Treat

TRICK OR TREAT
Today's card was created with the help from the following wonderful challenges:
I nking It Up: Holiday Card challenge (WCMD)
Paper Cutz Challenge - #111 Shake, Rattle and Roll
The Cutting Cafe - CASE it Tuesday #3
Craft Your Passion - #79 AG but use Ribbon
The Scrapbooking Queen - Royal Digi Monday #1  Halloween
Bearly Mine Challenges - #20  3xDesigner/Backing papers
My Craft Spot - #28 Too Cute to Spook
Amanda's Crafts and More - #18 Getting Inky
Simon Says - AG
Come and Get It - Happy Halloween
Sentimental Sundays - #75 Sewing/Stitching

---For the Paper Cutz Challenge - I couldn't resist using the "Skully" digi image (was a freebie a while back) from Graphicat Creations.   I colored his eyes in using my Whisper Stroke markers then edged around his outline as well.
---For The Cutting Cafe, the challenge is to Copy And Selectively Edit the following card (this card was created by the very talented  Kelly at the Kreative Korner by Kelly):
***DUE TO A VOLUME OF COMPLIMENTS RECEIVED ABOUT THE CARD ABOVE, I AM MAKING A NOTE TO ALL OF YOU VISITING FOR THIS POST.   THIS CARD WAS AN INSPIRATION TO USE FOR THE CHALLENGE AND IS NOT MY ARTWORK.  IT WAS CREATED BY THE VERY TALENTED KELLY @ KREATIVE KORNER BY KELLY.

My favorite things about this card were the 3 "pillar sections", the googly eyes, and the embellishments hanging over the edges of the card.  Awesome Job Kelly!
---For Inking it Up, I thought a bit outside of the box, I think!  I went with the Holiday-Halloween rather than Christmas.
---For  Craft Your Passion - I used ribbon I purchased a while ago at the dollar store that features a zig-zag stitching.
---For the Scrapbooking Queen challenge, I kept my creation in the theme of Halloween.
---For the Bearly Mine Challege - I used 3 papers from a stack I purchased for a dollar at Target
---For My Craft Spot, I used the girly ghost  image from Bows and Berries titled "Too Cute to Spook" which was the September freebie.   I used my Whisper Strokes to color her eyes, bow and the outline of her body.
--- For Amanda's challenge, I inked the Sentiment (Trick or Treat) in the center of the card using black card stock, white Studio G ink,  and my rubber stamp from my Local Craft Store.  The edges of all the papers were inked as well using mostly purple, and a hint of white.
---For Simon Says, I was sure to use images per their challenge guidelines.
---For the Come and Get It challenge, again, I kept my creation in the theme of Halloween.
---For Sentimental Sundays, I chose to stitch around "Skully" and "Too Cute to Spook" using my white and black gel pens.  I also stitched around each square/rectangle on the card and this challenge helped me to choose which ribbon I was going to use.






19 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love the tri-fold and the eyes on the night, scary scene! Thanks for commenting on Paper Playtime's challenge today. I hope you'll come back and play. The top project on this post qualifies! Good luck guessing the Halloween feet. Hugs! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Queen's Royal Digi Challenge, it's AWESOME!!

    Sherri
    squeakyscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us this week for our "anything goes with a twist" challenge over at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a great week and Good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely FABBY! I just love every element!WOW~ Thanks so much for joining us at Come and Get It this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards! The first one is so cute - and I LOVE the scene you've created on the second!! Fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, the googley eyes on the pumpkin, the stitched ribbon, and the ghost really is too cute to spook lol. Awesome job!!!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are fantastic!!! Love the bg papers on the top one. That little girl ghostie and the skull/crossbones. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!
    The second card is a wow card! That bg is amazing! Love all those googly eyes. The fence and house are great. Thank you for joining us for the The Queen's Royal Digi Challenge!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica! Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower and an even bigger thanks for the kudos on your blog for the card I did while I was with The Cutting Cafe. Your card is awesome! The mix of Halloween patterned paper is fabulous!!! The googly eyes on the pumpkins and the stitching gives this card so much dimension. Awesome, I tell you...absolutely awesome! Hey...I see you are from Ohio...where about...I'm a transplant to Florida from Ohio. Lakewood, just outside of Cleveland and oh how I miss the change of seasons. I'll bet you are having gorgeous weather about this time of year.
    Big Hugz
    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job on your take of the Challenge!

    Thanks for joining in on the fun at Come and Get it Challenges this week, hope to see you back soon!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! Thank you for Joining us for Anything goes with a Twist at Craft your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and Have a great week:)

    Melissa

    expressionwithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card ! Love the 3 panels!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the challenge! Very cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Cafe'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice job on the card. Thanks so much for taking part in this week's Halloween Challenge on Come and Get It!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cards!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Jessica, what a great way to show off those wonderful papers and images a super creation, thank you for joining us at Bearlymine Challenges.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! The stitching looks great! I love all the different pp! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing work, your use of colours is amazing

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great CASE card. Super papers.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors