Friday, October 7

Blessed to have YOU in my life

Today's card was completely inspired by a dear friend, Amy from Love To Crop.  She had created a set of cards as part of her DT commitment at Celebrate The Ocassion for their current Breast Cancer Awareness challenge.  If you haven't linked a project yet, you still have until Sunday to play along with the challenge.  You also could link up to the Link Up For Pink Party (here, here, or here) going on now, through October 14th.   In addition, Amy also also created a  set of cards with the same image from  Karber Digital Images to giveaway to one lucky person at her blog.  The technique she used on this card is what really caught my eye.  I love how the card and image are all pink with a slight outline.  This is the technique I attempted to mimic with my card below.  I used my Studio G inks (I lost my favorite blue and had to mute a royal blue with a green for the end result) and my Whisper Strokes markers for the outlining.  I formed a "step-card" base from white card stock to mount the blue square onto.  The cloud paper on the front strip is from a new stack I just purchased  and the blue background paper is from K&Company Embossed Winter  stack.   The angel image is from Sliekje digi Stamps, whose images you may already know,  are an all time favorite of mine.  Angela is a darling artist who shares these delightful images for FREE.   She only asks that you "give credit to her work" when making a project using them.  That's not too much to ask!!!  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps  by Raindrop Echo Designs (Gratitude).   I added clear Studio G glitter to the image and around the sentiment.  I also added one lonely rhinestone in the "O" of YOU.  I had plans to enter this card in the Less is More challenge, so I had to step away from my embellishments and stop before it was no longer a CAS card.  I am getting better, I think...LOL!

I am entering this card into the following:
Simon Says - Sparkle and Bling
Crafts and Me - Use a Digi
Dutch Dare - Special Fold
Less is More - Color of your Eyes

9 comments:

  1. Very sweet!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, lovely shade of blue
    Thank you Jessica
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet card Jessica... you managed to stop so it remains a clean and simple card.
    Lovely colour too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my favorites from sliekje! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute Jessica, I love the monochrome feel of it...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Jessica! I love the image and the colors are just beautiful! Gorgeous card :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card, the stamp is perfect for the sentiment Jessica
    your friend from The Outlawz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I LOVE the sparkle and bling you used chick. A really lovely card and such pretty colours too :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and cheerful creation - just love it!

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors