Thursday, October 27

DT Diva Thursday Post - Home Decor / Gifts

Thursdays are my day to share my Home Decor and Gift ideas and projects at the Creative Scrapbooking Divas Mansion.  If you don't follow the Divas, you may want to stop by!  All of my Diva Sisters are fabulous and very talented.  There are monthly challenges hosted by the Divas with wonderful prizes offered.  Tons of inspiration, friendly filled atmosphere and laid back conversations!!!  PLEASE JOIN US!!!

This is a favorite project of mine, that I am sharing again for anyone who may have missed it back in July!!!

I love Christmas for a lot of reasons, but just to name a few: snow angels, caroling, cute and fuzzy reindeer, kids opening gifts.  Oh, and don't forget the ***jingle bells***.    For my project, I had a stack of paper that I purchased right after Christmas last year and hadn't got to use yet (ooohhh, early present for me, right there...LOL).  The stack is called Harvest Holiday, by Cloud9 and boy oh boy is it nice!  I really like the embossed metallic accents some of the design papers have and the prints are so festive.  My DT theme at the Mansion is Home Decor-Gifts, so I decided to make a decorative garland.

The step-by-step pictures/tutorial are below if you are interested in learning more about how I achieved these results.

****THIS GARLAND IS CURRENTLY FOR SALE HERE***

Step-by-Step and Recipe
Diamonds cut using Classic Font @ 5" (emerald green cs) 

  Wreath and Tree cut using Gingerbread (layer) @ 4 3/4" from Pine Holly Print dp
NOEL cut using Jasmine (Shadow) @ 4 1/2" 

NOEL cut using Jasmine (Shadow blackout) @ 4 1/2"
Wreath and Tree cut using Gingerbread (shadow) @ 4 3/4" from Red Holly Print dp



Affixed all layers together using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

Pine Garland

Decorative Velvet Bows

Placed small hole punch at top of diamonds to affix bows
Fed wire foil through hole to affix bows to the diamonds and the diamonds to the pine garland

 Got out the ***JINGLE BELLS***

 Used a deep red yarn trim to hang the jingle bells from the diamonds

 Affixed with scotch tape

And the garland was ready for it's final photo shoot.

I hope this gets you in the mood to start creating your own Holiday Crafts!!!

Jessica, CSDivas DT

4 comments:

  1. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i love the idea of adding little jingle bells. it would be great to hang over a door and hear them jingle every time it opened :)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great banner Jessica! Love that pine garland.

    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this banner, Jessica, and it is even more beautiful seeing it the second time! You did such a great job with it my friend! I love your awesome design and the jingle bells :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors