Wednesday, October 19

Steampunk Amelia Card

Wow, I felt quite overwhelmed today.  I tried to think of how I would begin my creation for the Sassy Studio Designs Progressive Challenge #2, and all I could do was print the image out.  I hit a brick wall with being creative.  I reluctantly went back to my trusty list of challenges for some help.  I say reluctantly because I didn't want to break my goal.  So, after scanning the list, I am breaking my goal that I set to complete One Creation for One Challenge.  :O(

I had originally set this goal because I felt like I was being greedy by entering so many challenges.  I know, I know, a lot of you are saying "It isn't greed".  I get that now.  I wasn't aiming to win.   Looking on the brighter side, I realize that if a challenge inspires me to create, then I SHOULD announce which challenges have helped.  THEY should get the credit for the inspiration and word should spread about their blog so that others may also be inspired.  After all, that is why there are challenges, and that is why many of us create.  To hopefully help or inspire others to create, too.

Here is my card (available for purchase HERE):
 RECIPE
~ Kraft cs for base - 4" X 9"
~ Black with small gray dots dp - cut 3.75" x 8.75
then sanded around edges
~ Frame cut from Lacy Labels at 4" (Flower1: Layer)
~ Frame (paper) is Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste: Maize  Twist & Shout
~ Image from Sassy Studio Designs printed on desert cs, colored with Whisper Strokes,
inked with green Studio G, then added Glossy Accents to goggles and eyes
(I had to trim the sentiment down the middle to fit the card better)
~ Small strip at bottom - c'oredinations (gray) ~slightly torn
~ Metal embellishment moon by Darice - Celestial Charms
~ Rhinestone in center of clock
~ Sentiment is printed on star paper ( not sure of brand because they were scraps)
slightly sanded around edges
~ 4 metal brads in a pea green and pale green around sentiment
~ Fiber/ribbon is by Darice
~ Steampunk Amelia, sentiment, and pocket watch are all popped up on 3D foam adhesive

So without hesitation, I now announce the challenges that have inspired my creations.  And without guilt or  feeling "greedy", because I now understand the true meaning behind why I enter so many challenges on a regular basis.  It is not to win, or be greedy, but to be inspired and to inspire others.

Challenges
1. Sassy Studio Designs Progressive Challenge #2
use Steampunk Amelia in a creation & use a clock and/or gears
2. Birthday Sundaes - #31
Tall/Long card (must be birthday with sentiment)
3. Stamptacular Sundays - #134 
You Choose (AG)
4. Whoopsi Daisy
Free and Easy (AG)
5. Fab n Funky - #95
Distressed and/or Torn
6. Celebrate the Occasion - #35
Male Birthday (be sure to use metal)
7. Sweet Stamps #37
Lots of layers

Happy Crafting and Until Next Time
:O)
Jessica

22 comments:

  1. Very cool card Jessica!! I'll link back tonight! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment! So glad you played along with our progressive challenge at SSD and can't wait to see your next card
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sassy little card Jessica! Your cards are alway so creative and inspiring!! Love it. Keep entering those challenges girl!!
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done an awesome job on this card - super creative and love all the distress work. You definitely shouldn't feel any guilt about entering challenges - we love seeing your work! Thanks for joining WHOOPSI DAISY this week:) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the timepiece and vintage look! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous is this!!! I'm glad you found that inspiration you were looking for because this is a superb card! Love the oval behind Amelia and that sentiment is a hoot! Great vintage look! Thanks for joining us for part 2 of our Sassy Steampunk Progressive Relay at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a twist on the masculine side of a card. LOVE it!! Funny, I used a watch as well on mine. Thanks for sharing over at CTO Please stop by If you get some TIME!! Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card. Love all the elements. Thanks fo rplaying along at SSD Progressive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card! I like the rectangular shape too, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card!! Love the details! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. Thanks for stopping by and recommending the ABC Christmas Challenge. I did link-up.

    ;0) I also added your blinkie to my site and your link in my post...you're the best!!! Big Hugs.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job on your creation! Thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the colors!

    Thanks for participating at CTO this week!
    CTO DT
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    A Friday Show and Tell weekly with any project you want!
    My blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate the Occasion this week!

    Jessica
    CTO DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love your thought on being inspired! Brilliant point! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! Hey! I'm going to be doubling up on this comment! :)
    I love your card, great job with Amelia! Thanks for playing with us in the SSD progressive challenge.
    Also, thank you for sharing it with us on this week's Whoopsi Daisy Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great masculine card, love all your combined elements! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool. Love the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n Funky. Good luck and we hope to see you again this Wednesday for our new challenge.

    Hugs
    xxx
    Alexis
    Fab 'n Funky DT member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sexy card!
    Sure any guy would like it!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors