Thursday, October 20

Steampunk Victoria - SSD Relay Challenge #3

Good Evening all of my lovely friends.  After a rigorous morning (to the doctor with 4 sick kids, then to the outpatient lab at the hospital so 2 of them could get some tests done, a flu shot for one, and a prescription for another) I felt lucky to even have time to work on any crafts at all.

This week, I have been participating in the fun Progressive Challenge over at Sassy Studio Design.  For challenge #1, we were given a free digital image (that has not yet been released) and told to make a creation using the image.  In order to get the second image, this challenge had to be completed.  Then once the second challenge was completed we were given the third image.  This image was the main focus of today's creation.  Her name is Steampunk Victoria.  Isn't she darling???  For challenge #3, the little "twist" was to make the card vintage theme.
RECIPE is below the challenges list
Even though I was one week behind at Dutch Dare Challenges, I loved last week's sketch and had to use it.  Then looking at the sketch over at The Outlawz, the sketch the for Wednesday Sketch Challenge,  I noticed it was quite similar with only a few dissimilarities.  So, that is the sketch challenge I will be entering with this creation.
Here are the challenges I am entering with this card:
Sassy Studio Design - Progressive Challenge #3
 Cricut Cardz - CardzTV - #93 Think Pink
Creative Inspiration #134 - Monochromatic
Whimsy Stamps - #11 make your own flowers
Emerald Faerie Garden - #11 Flowers, Flowers, Flowers


RECIPE
Base - chocolate brown card stock
Large background paper is KaiserCraft - Pennyroyale Evelyn
Gear image collage behind image and mat was found on the internet.  I didn't mark down the site, but will try to credit the location a little later :O)
Image background is the opposite side of the KaiserCraft paper mentioned above
Steampunk Victoria was colored with Whisper Strokes
Sentiment by Whimsy Stamps Wild Side Tickets
Lace Ribbon is by MME
Brown rosette flower was made by Marti at Essence of Paper
Pink roses around the bottom  were handmade by ME (cut 2 1/2" circles from Classic Font, then trimmed and rolled)
Flower up top was handmade by ME (trimming wire from 2 1/2" wire ribbon, tying a few knots, then rolling and gluing and finishing off with a vintage button)
Some inking around sentiment and gear collage using Studio G and Darice stamps

Bling and pearls from stash

Here is the card I created for the Progressive Relay Challenge #1 using Steampunk Josephine:
Here is the original post if you would like details on the RECIPE

Here is the card I created for the Progressive Relay Challenge #2 using Steampunk Amelia:
 Here is the original post if you would like details on the RECIPE


Happy Crafting and Until Next Time
:O)
Jessica

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love them all esp the pink one! The flowers you made are beautiful! TFS!
    Tracy M
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Jessica, all three of these cards are so fabulous!! You did such an amazing job! I love the lace and all the pretty buttons and flowers on Steampunk Victoria's card! How creative to use the clock in the wheel of Steampunk Josephine's card and I love the sun and star! And the design for Steampunk Ameila is so awesome! (She kinda looks like Cher!) I just love all three - you are so talented my sweet friend :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all !! You did an awesome job on them.
    (:(:Smiles:)):)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool cards. You cut the digi's out by hand? I'm not that good. Mine all look like I used kindergarten safety scissors. Haha.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome. Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love all three steampunk themed cards, I have never made one, although I did download the free images over at PCP but they aren't like yours they have gears around their heads, lol I don't really know where to begin with them yet, oh well, I have been sick all week from these new pills the dr gave me on monday, ugh :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous creations and fabulous flowers thank you for joining us at the Emerald Garden Faerie
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps it appears I will be at it again when this candy draws good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors