Saturday, May 7

NSD Scapping Mania is underway......

First Things First.....I got my Mother's Day gift early today since my sweetie is working tomorrow.  He took all of the kids out for shopping, bowling, and visiting with Grama and Great Grama.  That is a gift in itself, but there's more.  HE BOUGHT ME A SIZZIX BIG SHOT!   I was so excited.  I have already opened it and used it for two projects. 

So far today I have participated in the CSDivas Mansion Tour Blog Hop, the Three's a Charm Blog Hop (up until all of my blogs disappeared again....eeek), Paper Secrets BINGO game, Paper Secrets Sketch Challenge, Paper Secrets Recipe Challenge, and I am submitting a link to My Pink Stamper Challenge #1 as I soon as I finish this post. 

Hope you will join in on some of the fun at these sites.  Their links are all on my sidebar. 

The CSDivas Tour was an absolute Success!!!  HAD A BLAST.

Three's A Charm Blog Hop is still going on and I can't wait to go back through the line up to see new creations that have been posted.

So far in the PS Bingo game, I have 10 out of 25 words, but it is still anyone's game.

Here is my submission to the

My Pink Stamper Challenge #1


My 2 page layout of our cupcake adventures in October 2010.  We had so much fun decorating the cupcakes with orange icing, brown and orange sprinkles, ghost shaped marshmallows and chocolate chips.  I was quite surprised that the kids didn't make more of a mess than they did.  But as you can see, they really had fun.

 

I really enjoyed using the sketch from Paper Secrets and I'm not really sure why I don't use sketches more often.  I am finding they make completing layouts a lot easier and are great especially when you have it "scrapper's block".  



I used a basic off white CS as my background.  Then I placed some pumpkin glitter wire ribbon at the top of each page.  I hand cut the orange toppers for each page and used my Creative Memories cutter to cut the black strips that are at the top and bottom of the pages.  I inked the edges of the solid papers and added pp mattes to each photo in hues of black, orange, and white.  I embellished with a handmade ribbon flower that I hot glued a button to the center and added paper twine (which I also inked with orange Studio G) to look like pumpkin stems.  Behind each bottom strip is a strand of lace ribbon to accent the black.  The title of my page is BOOtiful CUPCAKES. 

 

This is the card I submitted for the Paper Secrets Recipe Challenge.  I used a burnt orange embossed paper, with a flowered pp layer and gray overlay that I embossed with my new Sizzix using the Darice butterfly folder. I also used a butterfly pp that I cut to fit in the middle square (inside the embossed gray overlay). I used a green and cream colored ribbon at the bottom. Accented with flowers, brads, an old button, a heart charm and a fussy cut butterfly (from a die cut 12" paper). On the inside I used the ribbon again with some black and cream glitter paper to place the vellum birthday greeting over top.
Hope you like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors