Monday, May 2

2nd and 3rd Challenge with CSDivas is done

Well, I didn't have a lot of time to post my challenge entries yesterday, but I did manage to finish 2 more challenges over the weekend for the CSDivas Mom's Rock Online Crop.

The 2nd challenge that I completed was Alecia's Sassy Lil' Sketch Challenge.  The object of this challenge was to follow Cherie's sketch at Sassy Lil' Sketches.  Once I visited their blog, I HAD to be a follower.  Their sketches are absolutely amazing.  Feel free to visit their page to see for yourself!



What a great sketch, huh?

Here is my submission to the CS Divas Crop Challenge and the April 21st Reveal Sketch Challenge at Sassy Lil' Sketches:

I used Black CS as the background.  Blue Zebra Print Patterned CS and B&W patterned paper.  I placed 4 photos from a "Craft Day with Daddy" where Lance and the kids designed their own ceramic mugs with stickers.  The title is written with glittery chipboard letters.  The mugs were cut with my Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge and I used these as the journaling tags.  A little bling, lace, ribbon, brads and stickles to finish it off.


The 3rd challenge that I completed was Luisa's Friday Pre Party Challenge.  The object of this challenge was to create a layout of YOU as a MOM using:
1) Use FROM YOUR STASH twine/floss/twine.
2) Ribbon spool as a stamp with acrylic paint!

This challenge is a double challenge, one challenge is to create a layout for your BOM and the second is to use stuff from your small stash and tools...

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics of me because I am always the one taking the pictures, but I did find some pictures of me at a High School Reunion last summer.  It was fun to use the techniques that were required, even though I didn't quite meet the "requirements" of the challenge.

Here's is my submission to the challenge:

I used embroidery thread as my "floss" and hand-stitched around the 3 smaller pics.  The twine was up-cycled from an Iron Man gift my son got for Easter (YAY, they didn't use the silly plastic this time).  I used 3 separate ribbon spools with Yellow Ochre Folk Art Acrylic Paint and Green and Pink from my art supplies. I used some embellishments that stated Get Together and Friends and added some flowers, and voila, another completed project!

1 comment:

  1. Great Layouts Jessica. There is a surprise for you on my blog - be sure to check it out.
    ~ Jacqueline
    madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors