Monday, September 24

The Letter "M"

My Imagination Monday & The Letter of The Day - M

September 24, 2012 



Hello Crafty Blends.
I am exited to share another
altered journal with you today.
For our DT projects today at
 My Cricut Craft Room,
 we were to create
a project
using The Letter M.

I instanly thought of McKenzie, my oldest daughter.
I had her help pick out the fun cuts that I would
use for the altered composition book.
She closed her eyes and spun her finger around
in circles around the images on the back 
of the Cricut Slumber Party cartridge.
How funny is it, that the images she landed her finger on were
a Microphone and a Moon!
You can't get much more PERFECT than that!

She also asked me to use 
the Cricut Jasmine cartridge for the font (her name).

Here is the finished altered notebook:

She really isn't all into the color Pink, but
accepted the fact that all of the Design Team projects at
My Cricut Craft Room through October  15th
will be 

I tried to use a minimal amount of pink, which was difficult for me,
but I toned it down with the Teal Paper by K&Company-Embossed Winter.
I used it to cover the front and back covers of the book.
Teal is her Favorite Color!!!


The Microphone and Moon
were both cut at 4" each using
various colors of cardstock.



McKenzie was cut at 2" for each letter, with the letter M
being the only letter I cut from the Charm Feature
on the cartridge.

I used Versa Mark inks in Black and Champagne Dazzle
then heat embossed the Sheet Music stamped background (by Unity)
with a black glittery powder
and heat embossed the stamped foliage (also by Unity)
 in the lower right corner using
a clear glitter powder from Ranger.


Please head back to My Cricut Craft Room,
to view all of the wonderful projects that the Design Team is
sharing today!

and
Remember
to
Keep Crafting
:O) Jessica

15 comments:

  1. Another beautiful altered book. Loving the pink and green.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great project Jessica, love the embossing folder you used.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica...what a lovely little altered notebook for your sweet daughter! How perfect for the Letter of the day, "M"!
    I love how it turned out and hope she doesn't mind the pink touches you added!
    Great job my twin!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so sweet! Love it.

    Melissa, MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, love that cool microphone die cut!! What a fun notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica, this turned out great!! Teal & pink are such a fun color combo and I really love that you hand wrote the book quote for her. Beautiful job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your project. I have to say the M inn the charm feature is great.

    Sarah
    MCCR DT SIS
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely project, Ms. Jessica! I like the teal with the pink..I might have to try that color combo soon! Love the embossed paper and the shimmery microphone, too! Had a great time crafting with you over the weekend!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute book. Love the idea TFS

    MCCR DT, LIsa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little late:( your posts never show up in my blogger:( Great job though. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Note book! I love the color and the mic. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower.

    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card.
    Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is fabulous, Jessica!! I love the colors and the images!! What a fun journal for McKenzie!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors