Thursday, September 13

Scrapbook Friday - Wild About U

Scrapbook Friday - September 14, 2012 

~4 or more Pictures on a Layout~


Hello Crafty Blends.
I am exited to share my
fun Layout with you today.

For our DT projects today at
 My Cricut Craft Room,
 we were to create
a Scrapbook Layout that
had 4 or more pictures on it.

I love snapping random pics
as often as possible around the house.
But, really enjoy when the younger kids
cuddle by me and are happy to be close to each other.
With them being 2, 4, and 5 years old, it is important
to grab the camera when this happens since
it is a rare occasion.
LOL!
 
I used the new Create A Critter 2
Cartridge for all the fun cuts
you see on the layout.

The first set of pictures that I printed didn't suit
my fancy with the idea I had for colors on my layout.
And if you know me, you know I LOVE COLOR!
So I softened the colors up
by changing the hue and saturation amounts.
I then fussy cut around 4 out of the 5 pics.

I used a single piece of white card stock
and a single piece of black card stock
for all of my Cricut cuts.  I then 
used lots of stamp pads
and mediums to adjust them
to my liking.

The Title was cut at 4" on both layers.  I then stamped
the white layer with TH Antique Linen first.  I layered a portion with
Studio G pink and another with Studio G Teal .

When adhering all of my cuts together (the black and white layers),
I decided to offset the black to create a 
fun shadow.  This is just one of the many
techniques I have learned from
watching Erica's Room on Ustream this year.
She is full of crafty fun tips
to make crafting more fun and efficient.

My next cut was for the cute Gate.  I cut
this at 4" then went over
the top white layer with TH Vintage Photo.
When the ink dried, I applied a thin coat of Distress Crackle Paint
in Clear Rock Candy and allowed it to dry.
 (sorry about the close up pic being blurry.  I think the kids
played with the settings on my camera...LOL)

Other cuts I made from the Create A Critter 2 Cartridge
were
The Hearts (cut at 2") seen near some pics
and
The Bursts (cut at 2") seen along the length of the vine.
 I used pink and green ink to bring together the entire color
palette from the photos and background designs.

To create the background, I started with a piece of
Desert Card Stock and placed an inqueboard 
flower and a vine on top of it.  I started by misting with
Green Olive Smooch Spritz over the vine.
I then misted over the flower with several colors, but mostly
with the Pralines and Cream Smooch Spritz. 
This created a masked design and 
inked my inqueboard at the same time.
Multi-Tasking!
I simply took my Whisper Stroke Markers
and made some doodles for 
highlight.
I decided to try a technique with bubble wrap
that I had seen in several places around the web.
I applied the TH Black  Soot to the wrap,
then "slapped" it down to create the 
fun dots behind the large photo.
I matted the larger photo
on a piece of Little Miss by Bo Bunny.
I added a few rhinestones, also from the Bo Bunny Little Miss collection,
to the bursts along the vine.
For the finale',  some miniature roses to create a garden and
complete the entire layout.

 Now, be sure to head over to
see what the talented Design Team Members have created
for their projects today
at 
My Cricut Craft Room!
Keep Crafting 
:O) 
Jessica

10 comments:

  1. Adorable layout Jessica. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Hope you're having a great day.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    Your layout turned out beautiful! I love how you did all of the spritzing and inking to get all of the pretty colors! Love those photos, too! I love that new CAC2 cartridge so far! You made lots of cute cuts with it!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - you did such a great job on this layout! I love the texhniques you used...I don't even know what inqueboard is! I like the bubble wrap idea especially!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sister and twin from another mother!<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Jessica!! I love the beautiful colors and the mini rose garden is so fabulous!! What an awesome layout!! Have a great weekend my blend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the layout! Lucky you! I'm hoping my CAC2 will be in my mailbox soon... TFS
    Janet R. -MCCR-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess! Those pics are super sweet and I love the way you created a shadow for your title. Beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout and so creative!!

    Susie
    MCCR DT Sister
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Jessica. Love all the flowers.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout!
    Christina
    MCCR DT~Sister

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors