Tuesday, October 9

Seeing Stars - with 3 Girl JAM and Teresa Collins

Today is my day as a Featured Designer
at 
and 
as I always share
how super excited I am
to play with all of the 3 Girl JAM
products available,
this project is no exception!!!

And don't forget to link up your
Anything Goes (w/ Ribbon) Projects
to the
3 Girl JAM #4 Challenge

I also want to mention, that I received a wonderful gift
from my dear friend  
for helping her organize and host
her Birthday Blog Hop
last month. 
This is the first chance I got
to play with the wonderful
Teresa Collings - Sweet Afternoon 
papers and embellishments
she had sent to me from 
THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISS ! 

To begin, I created some fun 
3-D stars using my Tablescapes -Spring and Summer 
Cricut Cartridge.
I used medium grade chipboard 
and cut the stars at 5".

After cutting them with my deep cut blade in my Cricut, 
I had to sand down the rough edges
and create a wider slit for the thicker
chipboard to fit better together.
I just used a utility knife to cut the slits wider.
I had a total of 4 - 3D stars (2 pieces per star).
I painted the outer edges of my stars 
with coordinating colors of Acrylic Paint
in Pink, Yellow, and Blue. 

 While my paint was drying,
I then cut my stars 
from the gorgeous 
Sweet Afternoon papers, 
again at 5".
 
Keep in mind, the papers are a double sided card stock, so
there is a coordinating design on the back of each
of the papers below.  Both patterns will show on the 
finished project.
In order to cut enough to cover all sides of my stars,
I ended up with:
4 stars using At The Picnic

4 stars using  Flying Kites


4 stars using Just Relaxing

4 stars using Going Downtown


I wanted to get out as much 3 Girl JAM product as possible
to use on this project.

I gathered a few coordinating colors of Crinkle Ribbon
Along with a few matching
resins, bling and other embellishments.

Here are the stars after being covered
with the beautiful papers. 


I originally planned to pleat the crinkle ribbon
along the inner corners of each star.  But that proved to be quite
difficult when I tried to use my ATG gun.
So, I improvised by twirling the ribbon
and using some Glue Dots and Zots
to line the inner corners instead.
I used the following colors of 3 Girl JAM Ribbon
Baby Girl Pink
Baby Boy Blue
Antique White
Sunflower Yellow
and
Christmas Candy

After decorating all of the stars with bling, embellishments and
more crinkle ribbon, it was time to start stringing them to the
"hanger" I created.
I cut an old cereal box into a scallop flower using the Cricut Classic  Font
cartridge at 11", then cut two of the same size scallop flower
from pink card stock.

I added some eyelets
to feed the fishing line that would hold my stars, through
the hanger.  I wanted to dress it up a bit and added a few
die cut hearts and satin pink flowers.

I thread the fishing line through the top point of each star, strung some
glass beads, then tied a knot above the beads.
I again tied a knot before adding a single clear bead and fishing the line through
the hanger.


I made each strand vary in length (13", 12", 11", and 10") so that
they weren't all hanging amidst each other.

Got a few of the close up pics to show
the detail of each star.

Each panel is uniquely embellished
and with tons of different
types of bling, flowers, stickers, and chipboard.




Thank you so much for stopping in today
and
be sure to stop over to
the
3 Girl JAM Blog to stock up
on all the inspirational projects and creations
that have been shared
by all of the Design Team members
and Guest Designer.

Remember 
to 
Keep 
Crafting 
:O) 
Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Jess!! This will look awesome hanging in your crafty space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Jessica!! I love all the details!! What a fabulous project :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, this is an awesome project!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Jessica. This a a beautiful mobile.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors