Friday, August 3

Scrapbook Friday ~ "Dream Big"

Scrapbook Friday - August 3, 2012 - Sketch


Hello Crafty Blends.
I am so glad you are stopping by today.
I was so pleased
with the way my next layout turned out,
that I have been cringing to show it to you!
I hope you like it 
as much as I do.

I started with this Sketch
from Erica at My Cricut Craft Room

I love when you can start with a fun
sketch and
your creativity FLOWS on from there 
without any glitches.  

Well . . . . to be completely honest, 
there were a few
minor glitches . . .  
I had a bit of a re-inker explosion 
in the bathroom that left 
my hands looking like I just got done
arm wrestling a Smurf.  
* * * * * 
Then there was the hidden finger daubers
under all of my other crafty supplies 
that were almost impossible 
to find
since my thumb and index finger
 were stuck together 
from the Glitter Glue.  
* * * * *  
Oh, and I tried to take
a break an eat a yummy sandwich in between crafting.  
Let me just say,
it is REALLY HARD to get Italian Dressing 
out from in between
the home-row keys on your keyboard.
! ! ! ! ! LOL ! ! ! ! !

I am laughing, because I took it all in stride, 
and didn't let it stop
me from 
reaching the finish line.

And here is what I ended up With:

 (poor lighting today....sorry)

Base 
Colorbok dp Earth Tones (green pattern)
Unity  Stamps from Apr & Jun 2012 KOMs for the butterfly and flower trios
stamped directly onto dp using Quick Quotes Green with Envy powder puff chalk ink
Opal and Green Glitter Glue by Studio G applied
scrap papers
3 Girl JAM  crinkle ribbon scraps (Baby Boy and Mistetoe)
buttons from stash


Flowers
Colorbok dp Earth Tones  (blue pattern)
Flower Shoppe Cricut Cartridge cuts at 3 1/2
Produce Greens Core Cardstock
TH Alcohol Ink Stream
Handmade Glimmer Mist
buttons and pearls from stash

(more supplies are listed below)

 Here is a close up that better shows the colors I worked with on my layout
Large Mat
Produce Greens Core Cardstock
Blue textured cardstock
Shapes cut from Lacy Label Cricut Cuts
Large mat cut at 8", trimmed and inked with Dew Drops Metallic Platinum,
then embossed with  Darice embossing folder - Flower Swirls 
(I lightly sanded the outer "frame" by hand and sprayed some Perfect Pearls for a bit of glisten)
Smaller 2 mats cut at 3 1/2" then inked with Dew Drops Metallic Platinum, used
Unity  Stamps from Apr & Jun 2012 KOMs for the butterfly and flower trios which
are stamped directly onto mats using Quick Quotes Green with Envy powder puff chalk ink
3 Girl JAM  crinkle ribbon bows (Baby Boy and Mistetoe)
were created using the 3 Girl JAM Bow Maker

Photo Mat: DCWV  - The Luxury Stack 4.5"x6.5" cut to fit
and inked around edges using the QQ Green ink again


Flower Trio (lower right corner)
Unity  Stamp from Apr  2012 KOM 
stamped onto blue textured card stock using  Dew Drops Metallic Platinum
fussy cut (2 layers) then used one pop square behind petals and glued stems together with Zip Pen
applied a bit of Opal Studio G glitter glue
Title
Created using white Chipboard  stickers that were
altered using Darice Stream Blue and QQ Green ink.
The other square alphas were in my stash
I outlined the title for contrast
using a Whisper Strokes Dual Tip Watercolor Marker

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Glu Glider Pro ATG Gun
Zig Pens
Exacto Knife
Trimmer
Scissors
Glue Dots and Zots
Paint Brush


Now, if you want to see more fantastic
layouts
be sure to stop over
at 
My Cricut Craft Room
to check out
what all the other DT Members 
have in store for you!!!

 THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
&
Remember,
Keep Crafting 
:O) 
Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Great lay-out! Love the papers and design on this! Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all the troubles, this is fabulous, Jessica!! Love, love the pretty colors and the design is gorgeous!! The embellishments you used are beautiful!! I hope you have a great weekend my sweet blend!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Jessica! Love the beautiful colors, papers, and embellies! Your post is funny, too! Just yesterday I looked like I arm wrestled HULK! LOL

    Love ya,
    HL
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica....wow, wow, wow! You did an amazing job! I love those pretty pretty colors you chose! I just love your personality and it shows in your writing of your post!
    Great great job my "twin"! <3
    Teresa
    MCCR DT Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica this LO is so fabulous! I really enjoyed reading your post. I'm so glad someone scraps like I do,lol. TFS, Mary
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur LO! I really love the colors amazing!

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome layout, wow!!
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the colors. Sorry about the mishaps, good you can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors