Monday, March 26

Coloring Book Mini Album for the Birthday Girl

Today at the Creative Scrapbooking Divas Mansion, I am sharing a birthday gift I made for sweet Ariana who will be turning 4 on April 3rd.  She is always peeking around the corner when I am browsing through all of my digi images.  Her soft, sweet, little voice always asks "can you make me a picture to color mommy?"
This gave me an idea . . . why not make her very own coloring book with some of the
girly images she loves so much.
I am happy to link up to the following challenges with this gift:

Queen of my Craftroom: Mini Album
The Outlawz - PAM032412 - Add a Bow (the bigger the better)

Simon Says - BINGO (flowers. lace, ribbon/twine)

I started with Medium Chipboard and printed out 8 images
from various artists:
and

I printed 4 images to one page, leaving the images to measure 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 after being cut.  This gave me the opportunity to cut my chipboard a bit larger so that the coloring pages fit inside comfortably.  I adhered the tops of the images together using Tacky Glue.
I used a hole punch to cut 5 holes across the top of the front and back covers to be able to feed ribbon through later.   I also made a tent to house the stack of images.  I adhered this using wood glue.  The clothespins are always handy when gluing something together.  They keep it taunt and you can set it up off of the surface you are working on so that it can dry. 

I then covered the  chipboard with some dp I received from my Blend 
Cindy at cre8ivecindy.  I really liked the cream color for the front and the flower print for the back. 

After picking out some coordinating embellishments and a fun stamp by Unity Stamp Co., it was all coming together beautifully.

The pink sticker has a cute little sentiment that I felt was fitting for my sweetheart daughter.  
It says, "i just love you plain and simple".  This left room for me to add
some alphas to place her name in the center.
This tag and the red flower next to it are from a set called
Lickety Splits by Imaginisce.  I stacked a few old buttons in the center of the flower.
Then I added a punched butterfly given to me by my BFF, Teresa. 
By the way, Teresa is the New Blog on the Block 
and can be found at skybluepink creations.  Pop over and say hello.  
Photobucket

I tied some other ribbons from my stash to the top for added flair, and put the coloring pages inside.

I got the pink lace out of my stash and pleated it along the bottom and then added a satin olive green bow to offset all the pastel colors.  

It is all complete.
I am super excited to give this to her on her birthday!

Thanks for stopping by the Craft Shaque and for visiting the Mansion!
Keep Crafting
:O)
Jessica

8 comments:

  1. sooo cute! what a great idea! love it! i'm sure your lil' girl will, too!! hugs, hl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous idea!! I always have to print 2 of all the digis I do, lol. So I completely feel where you're coming from.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely idea! I,m sure she will be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweet idea to make this for your daughter! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and a fantastic idea! I know your daughter will be so excited when she gets this.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this!! TFS a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea!! This is just fabulous!! Happy birthday to your sweet Ariana a bit early (I will be away next week so I have to wish it to her early!!) :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously FABULOUS idea. I bet she will be over the moon excited.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors