Friday, December 16

Quick and Simple

Today I am reluctantly sharing a card I created late last night.  Reluctantly?  Yes.  This is one time that I am not thoroughly pleased with a card I have created.  As simple as it seemed to create, the idea looked better amongst the confines of my own mind than it did when I snapped the picture.   I can't quite pinpoint the reason for my personal dissatisfaction, but it is what it is.  Here is the card:


I started with a vanilla cream card stock by Recollections.  I then stamped my wreath using Sweet Stamps Wreath 132E and Cherry Red Studio G ink.  I colored in the Bow using a gold Whisper Strokes marker.  I placed the gold foil vellum border sticker over the wreath image and added the pine cone corners.  The tag sentiment was created on my computer and printed on vellum.  Then I inked the edges and adhered a chipboard heart to the center.  The chipboard heart was a brilliant white sparkly piece that I inked up to tone it down.  I added a few red pearls to finish it off. 

I created this card with inspiration from the following challenges:
Paper Players - #76 CAS + Colour Challenge - Cherry, Gold, Vanilla
Sweet Stamps - #45 Chipboard
Paper Cutz Challenge - #119 All Hearts Come Home for Christmas

Keep Crafting
:O)
Jessica

12 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty. We're always our own worst critics. :0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beckie. I love that wreath stamp. Thank you for all your nice comments. You are so encouraging. I wish you lived closer to me well unless you live some place warm. Then I want to be closer to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, your card is so elegant and beautiful!! You're definitely your own worst critic...it's gorgeous! Thank so much for playing along with Paper Cutz Challenge!
    Merry Christmas from everyone at PCC!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! Girl you are being to hard on yourself! Grab yourself an iced Carmel Macchiato and enjoy your beautiful work!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is fantabulous!!!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a lovely card sweetie......and thank you for your kind comment of support on my blog :)

    Merry Christmas!

    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica,
    Your card is very pretty! You did a great job on it.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what....it's an awesome card Jessica....I think it's fabulous, I know what you mean though, sometimes they look better than you expected and other times they don't, but we are the only ones to notice so it's all good.
    And I agree with commenter #2, if you live somewhere warm I'd prefer to live closer to you LOL :) gl with the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for our Hearts challenge at Paper Cutz. Merry Christmas. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet project! I love the clean design. Thanks for sharing your lovely design with us on Sweet Stamps.com
    ~Jeannie Sweet Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your card, it has an old fashioned look to it. Thanks for joining our challenge at SweetStamps and congratulations on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty CAS card...so elegant! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors