Thursday, May 10

Unity MAY12KOMSC Challenge

Greetings, Blends!

I sure hope you are reading this with a nice smile on your face
and hopefully some sunshine upon your cheeks!

 Today, I decided to try a fun tutorial that I learned from the 
Great and Talented, Becky Fleck!  
It is called a Spider Rose technique.
You can find all the details on how to recreate
this very rose by visiting Scrapbook and Cards Today

I was inspired not only by this wonderful technique, but
also by the current Unity KOM Sketch Challenge as well.

Here is my finished card:
 Base: Kraft cs
DP:  MME wild*asparagus collection
Lace: stash
Image and Sentiment: Unity Apr 2012 KOM
Ink: TH Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Embossing Powder: TH Distress (Vintage Photo)
Liquid Pearls by Ranger
Button  from stash
Twine: The Twinery
Denim:  recycled jeans 
(Thanks for Recycling with Mommy, Ariana)

Here is a close up of the denim spider rose:
This technique was so fun, I am sure I will be using it often!!!
THANKS BECKY AND SCT!

Here is the sketch I used:

Keep Crafting 
:O) 
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the denim flower Jessica! And love the flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job, my blend. I love the flower and thanks for the link for the tutorial.
    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. so love that stamp and love how you framed it in the oval. lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors